Volume 7, Number 3, September 2016
A general issue edited by Jo Mynard
- Self-Access Centres in South Korea: Bridging Physical and Online Spaces by Seanan Clifford (237-259) [full text] [PDF]
- Advising in Language Learning: Confirmation Requests for Successful Advice-Giving by Yukari Rutson-Griffiths and Mathew Porter (260-286) [full text] [PDF]
Edited by Hisako Yamashita
- New Scenarios in Autonomy for Foreign Language Learning: Conference Summary and Reflections by Phil Benson, Marina del Carmen Chávez Sánchez, David McLoughlin, Jo Mynard, and María de la Paz Adelia Peña Clavel (287-296) [full text] [PDF]
Language Learning Spaces: Self-Access in Action
Edited by Katherine Thornton
Part 6: Attracting users
- Introduction: Promoting Engagement with Language Learning Spaces: How to Attract Users and Create a Community of Practice by Katherine Thornton (297-300) [full text] [PDF]
- Increasing Attendance in a Self-Access Language Lounge by Simon Bibby, Kym Jolley, and Frances Shiobara (301-311) [full text] [PDF]
- Extensive Reading as the First Step to Use the SALC: The Acclimation Period and a Community of Language Learners by Satomi Shibata (312-321) [full text] [PDF]
- Promoting Independent English Language Learning within an Asian Tertiary Institution: The Lingnan Experience by Marc C. LeBane, Mariel Shilling, and Austin Harris (322-330) [full text] [PDF]
- Student conference: Empowering Students in Self-Access Learning Conference (ESSALC) on October 15th. More details.
Cover photo: Taken in the SALC at Hiroshima Bunkyo Women’s University, Japan.
Copyright © 2016 Studies in Self-Access Learning Journal, ISSN 2185-3762. Copyright held by individual authors.