Are you interested in editing or co-editing an upcoming issue? We’d love to hear from you!
- Read the latest research in self-access
- Learn about journal management
- Connect with colleagues around the world
- Support and encourage the research community and mentor early-career researchers
It’s rewarding work, and we would like to offer the opportunity to others to develop their editorial skills, and build their CVs while helping our research community.
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com
Please do the following
- Explain why you are interested
- Give details of your background in self-access
- Share your experience with writing, editing or managing a journal
- Provide details of how much time you have available.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Authors can now submit their manuscripts via Scholastica, a peer review system for open access journals.
Before you submit an article, please make sure:
- That your manuscript falls within the scope of the journal and has applications to the field of self-access.
- That your manuscript is formatted according to our style guidelines.
- That your literature review is relevant and up to date.
- That your manuscript is clear and well organised, and has been proofread by a colleague.
- There is no information on your submission that can identify you (for the blind review process).
Please note that SiSAL Journal does not charge authors or potential authors any processing fees.
We are delighted to announce that as we are now members of the metadata portal Crossref, we are able to add doi numbers to all of our articles. We intend to add them to all of our papers starting with articles in the most recent issues. The unique webpages for each article will also be gradually updated. The prefix for SiSAL Journal is 10.37237 which is followed by the issue number, volume number, and article number. e.g, doi:20.37237/110101 refers to Issue 11, Volume 1, Article 1 (the introduction) https://sisaljournal.org/archives/mar20/introduction/
We are delighted to announce that SiSAL Journal has been accepted for inclusion in Scopus abstract and citation database. The process has taken several years, but the content and procedural documentation has been evaluated by the Selection & Advisory Board (CSAB) and deemed suitable. The reviewers comments have been pasted below.
- The journal consistently includes articles that are scientifically sound and relevant to an international academic or professional audience in this field.
- The abstracts are in keeping with Scopus English Language requirements.
- In general, the content of the articles is consistent with the scope and aims of the journal.
- The articles are consistently of high academic quality, consistent with the journal’s stated aims.
- The articles are generally well written and understandable.
- This title addresses a subject area not properly covered by an existing journal.
- The journal has clear aims and scope/journal policies that are consistent with the journal’s content.
We will be working with the Scopus Source Collection Management department in the coming months to start the indexing process. Many thanks to authors, reviewers, and editorial team members for their quality work over many years that has made this possible.