Volume 12, number 1, March 2021
Edited by Jo Mynard
- Incorporating Advising Strategies into One-to-One Tutoring: Effects on the Awareness Towards Vocabulary Learning by Doğuş Aydın and Birsen Tütüniş (4–20) [Full text] [PDF]
- Group Dynamics and Resilience in the L2 Socialization into an English Lounge: A longitudinal Case Study of Japanese University Students by Akiko Kiyota (21–39) [Full text] [PDF]
- Accessing the Creative Self: Encouraging Innovative L2 Expression Within a Japanese Business University Self-Access Center by Sara B. Ferguson (40–69) [Full text] [PDF]
- Building Language Skills and Social Networks in an Advanced Conversation Club: English Practice in Lecce by Anne Schiller (70–78) [Full text] [PDF]
- Fostering Group Autonomy Through Collaborative Learning in an Online Environment by Qunyan Maggie Zhong (79–91) [Full text] [PDF]
Ethnographies of Self-Access Language Learning
- ‘Learning This Way Is Like Piecing a Puzzle Together’: Bringing My Autoethnography as a Self-Directed Learner of French to a Conclusion by Robert J. Werner (92–117) [Full text] [PDF]
Reviews (edited by Hisako Yamashita)
- Review of the March 14, 2021 – Learning Advisor Education Program: Graduation Symposium by Ross Sampson (118–122) [Full text] [PDF]
- Embracing Change and Discovering Affordances in the Time of COVID: Report on the Japan Association for Self-Access Learning (JASAL) Conference, 2020 by Jason R. Walters (123–135) [Full text] [PDF]
- Self-Directed Learning and Advising in Language Education. Ankara Yıldırım Beyazıt University (online). April 24, 2021. https://lasig.iatefl.org/events/ankara/
- The International Association for Language Learning Technology (IALLT) (online). June 16-18, 2021. https://iallt.org/iallt-2021/
- Developing Learner Autonomy in Language Learning. Independent Learning Association (ILA) / IATEFL Learner Autonomy SIG conference. June 28-30, 2021. http://enallt.unam.mx/ilac2021/
Cover picture: Photo taken by Robert J. Werner at Ryutsu Keizai University, Japan. Cover design by Noriko Takasago.
Copyright © 2021 Studies in Self-Access Learning Journal, ISSN 2185-3762.
Copyright held by individual authors.